Organizations are continually looking for ways to develop the skills of their staff in the fastest and most cost-effective way and to be assured of a return on their investment by making sure that the staff acquires qualifications, which are recognized as being highly relevant to their role in the organization. Business Systems Analysts and the work they perform are becoming increasingly important to organizations, as they provide a critical liaison role that can unite the business and IT on enterprise projects, systems development and business strategy, and understand the specific business problems that software aims to solve. This diploma intends to develop confident analysts with a strong grounding in selected, representative tools and techniques and to enable them to create a solution to a particular business problem.
•Core Skills for Business Systems Analysts (24 Hours)
•Software Requirements Management (16 Hours)
•Facilitating Requirements Workshops (JAD) (24 Hours)
•Requirements Modeling and Analysis with Use Cases (24 Hours)
•Business Process Reengineering (16 Hours)
•Data Modeling and Relational Database Design (24 Hours)
•Software Quality Assurance (24 Hours)
•Software Testing Essentials (24 Hours)
•Introduction to Service-Oriented Architecture (16 Hours)
Upon the completion of this diploma participants will be able to:
• Understand the multi-skilled role and responsibilities of the modern professional Business Systems Analyst.
• Deliver presentations, run workshops and JAD sessions, and conduct interviews.
• Have a strong problem-solving focus, and think strategically about IT solutions.
• Gather and document functional, informational and non-functional requirements.
• Understand and produce common BA artifacts, including business cases and functional specifications.
• Model processes, data, organization and interfaces using strong modeling skills.
This diploma is designed for business analysts, systems analysts, project managers, team leaders and professionals who have at least 4 years working experience, have at least 1 year experience working with IT business applications, not just as users, but in a role where they are problem solvers, super-users, developers or analysts. The participants will be doing business analysis work during the diploma and are supposed to have the active support and mentorship of their managers.
Location: Regional IT Institute Premises.
Duration: 192 hours – 6 months. (In addition to 8 hours for exams and presentations)
Schedule: Twice a week from 18:00 to 22:00.
Registration Requirements: Registration form and 2 photos.